Citrus beef curry. Sylheti beef is an authentic Bangaldeshi recipe from Eastern Bangladesh. You're going to love this curry of tender beef in a mildly spiced citrus sauce. It's one of Omars Restaurant's most popular. সাতকড়া দিয়ে মজাদার গরুর মাংস । beef curry with Citrus Macroptera
It adds a lovely citrus zing to this rich curry and can be substituted with orange peel. Coat the beef in the oil and season generously. Heat a large casserole dish over a moderate heat until hot Transfer the sealed beef to a slow cooker when done. You can have Citrus beef curry using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Citrus beef curry
- It’s 350 g of Beef slices/chunks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 160 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef stock + 1/2 cup water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted roasted peanuts (chopped/crushed).
- You need 1 of medium size onion (cut to wedges).
- You need 1 of medium size potato (cut to chunks).
- Prepare 1 of medium size red capsicum (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 140 g of green beans (equal to 1 small rice bowl).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
Reduce the heat under the dish a littler. Brown the beef in a pan over a low heat. Season beef with salt and pepper. I want curry all the time right now.
Citrus beef curry step by step
- Heat the oil on a pan, stir in curry powder and bay leaves. Saute until its aromatic..
- Add in the beef and onions. Brown the beef and onion, stir for 2 mins until beef and onion thoroughly coated with spices..
- Add in the beef stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice, peanuts and potatoes. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender (uncover)..
- Add in the green beans, and capsicums, cook until veggies are tender. Taste the curry and adjust to your liking. Turn off the heat and your curry is now ready to serve. Garnish with extra peanut and fried shallot (so it looks pretty)..
Kids eat free on Halloween (in costume w. A curry-like sauce prepared with full-fat coconut milk, curry powder and ginger is prepared in advanced and added to stir-fried chicken and broccoli. The orange color that the curry powder gives to the final. Photo about Beef, carrots and green bell pepper in asian citrus sauce. This quick beef curry, made with a tender cut of beef sirloin, is fragrant with ginger and coriander.